Monday, March 14, 2011

"Wish" Update

Remember when I chose "Wish" to be my word of the year?

I even made some goals closely related to my favorite word. Perhaps it's time for a quick update on my progress? (let's do this every few months to make sure I'm on track)
  • Spend more play time with Ellie: check. Having this puppy has definitely taught me the meaning of patience. I try to take time each and every day to play with her, appreciate her and love on her!

  • Be more crafty: check again! My March/April creative goals are going fabulously. I love creating things (especially for other people) and being able to see the end result!

  • Wear clothes that are just ME. Dresses all year round! I'm getting better at this. I prefer bold color and pieces and it's hard sometimes to be brave enough to wear them! However, my vintage kick is still on-- I'm even going thrift shopping tonight :)

  • Cook a new and healthy meal each week. Fail on this one. I haven't been doing very well with cooking OR eating healthy. It's so hard when life gets busy! My goal is to ask friends/family for their favorite healthy recipes and start to compile a cookbook. That way I can be crafty AND healthy.

  • Get a pedicure every month. Well, since it's been winter I haven't seen much use in getting a pedi but now that the sun's out I think it's time! Anyone in?

  • Perform a random act of kindness every day. Oh my gosh- this one fits in so well with the Flo Umphrey story! I'm working SO hard to be positive and start each day on a good note. I've found that emulating and spreading love is good for you and others in so many ways. So I think I'm doing pretty good.

  • Do baptisms once a month. I'm working HARD to get this goal completed... believe me!

  • Take time off to visit a place I've never been to... UM CHECK! I just got back from a 3-day weekend in Illinois. I love meeting new people and experiencing new things!

  • Make new and long lasting friends at work. DONE! I love every single person I work with here. They are all full of light and love and such a beautiful inspiration to me.

  • Say yes to every date I'm asked on. Um, sort of?! I think I need to be less picky and more open to fun in my life. Working on it!

  • Buy fresh flowers for my apartment every so often. The MINUTE CC and I move into our new condo I am buying some!

  • Read a list of classic books. Another one I'm not doing so hot on... once we move I think I'll make a definite list and check some books out from the library!

Thanks for reading my rant!

No comments: