Wednesday, November 16, 2016

On Love

I have been thinking a lot about love. You know the famous quote from The Perks of Being a Wallflower that states: "we accept the love we think we deserve"? Lately I have found myself doing just that... but settling for much less than I deserve. I spend time in the company of men I know don't value me or lift me up. Sometimes I agonize over whether or not they will even text me back, let alone call me, ask me out on a date and actually court me. A few weeks ago I went to my Bishop and shared my frustrations with dating and the lack of respect young men seem to have for me and other women. I began to share with him that I knew as a little girl that I would be married "later" in life and that this all feels very intentional to me. I'm not sure if it's because I have lots of lessons to learn as a single woman, or if I'm just waiting for a particular person; or maybe a combination of both... but it seems like Heavenly Father is saving me for something extraordinary, something greater than I can even imagine. As my Bishop laid his hands on my head and offered a blessing of comfort, these feelings were validated and I knew them to be true.

If I do truly believe this to be true, then I need to stop settling. I need to stop letting men hurt my feelings or make excuses for their behavior. It's a habit I need to stop. It's time to raise the bar, set a higher standard for myself and truly accept love I KNOW I deserve. I am a divine daughter of a King and I believe the right man will chase me, love my fiercely, and dedicate himself heart and soul to me.

If I'm being honest... I've always believed in my fairy tale, that I would find him. Sometimes my hope dangles by a thread, but it still lives and breathes deep within me. Love, I believe I will find you.


Photobucket

No comments: