Tuesday, November 24, 2015

I Love to See the Temple

I went through the temple last week for the very first time. For those of you who aren't familiar, going to the temple is a big deal for any LDS individual. The temple is a place where we go to learn, get answers to questions and make sacred covenants with Heavenly Father. It is often scheduled because that person is going on a mission or getting married, but one can go at any time, when they feel prepared. For me, it has been quite the journey. 

When I was 22 years old I started feeling strong impressions that I needed to get to the temple to take out my endowments. Life got in the way, along with sin. Only Heavenly Father will ever know how hard I worked to get here, but I made it. On this subject I just want to say: you are never alone. You are loved. The Atonement heals and I personally know of its power. 

A piece of me wishes I could tell you all about my experience, walk you through my feelings and impressions throughout the day, but it was so sacred that I cannot. I will tell you that I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror at one point early in the day. We wear all white in the temple. My dress is long and flowy and my dark hair tumbled down my back. I have never felt more beautiful than in that very moment. Now I wear a reminder of the covenants I made with me every single day. You can learn more about the sacred garments here. They make me feel pure and safe. 

I know that what I felt in the Holy Temple was real. It gave me more peace and direction than I ever thought possible and I honestly feel like a new woman with purpose. It was the most important and happiest day of my life. 

"I have seen too much and experienced too much in my life to ever deny it." - Sister Hinckley


12241724_10105658106451211_2211657040241400376_n.jpg



Photobucket

No comments: