Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Divine Calling

Watching a baby be born into this world really brought everything into perspective for me. Nothing else really matters but family and God, does it? Why do I stress about my job and the fact that I'm not moving up as quickly as I want? Why do I spend so much time worrying about the little things and getting items checked off my to-do list? Why?

I feel like everything I'm doing to become the best version of myself will help me attract the right man and get started on my eternal goals. I don't care about my title at work or moving up the corporate ladder. I have no career aspirations. I want to be a wife and mother. That used to embarrass me to say, but now it doesn't. I realize there is no higher calling in this life than becoming a mother to my beautiful babies. I want to do everything I possibly can now to prepare myself for that noble profession. 

"Motherhood is the greatest potential influence either for good or ill in human life. The mother's image is the first that stamps itself on the unwritten page of the young child's mind. It is her caress that first awakens a sense of security; her kiss, the first realization of affection; her sympathy and tenderness, the first assurance that there is love in the world.”  David O. McKay

“The greatest job that any mother will ever do will be in nurturing, teaching, lifting, encouraging and rearing her children in righteousness and truth. None other can adequately take her place.” Gordon B. Hinckley 


;


Photobucket

1 comment:

Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Beautiful post. Motherhood is such a diving calling. Love the first quote. Going to use on my Instagram!