Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Life with Anxiety

There's nothing like a debilitating anxiety disorder to spice up your life. 

You want to go for a doctor's visit? NO BECAUSE THIS IS THE MOST STRESSFUL EVENT OF YOUR LIFE AND IF YOU ARE GOING TO SURVIVE YOU NEED A XANAX RIGHT AWAY.

You're having a stressful day at work? GO HIDE IN THE BATHROOM AND TRY NOT TO THROW UP NOPE DON'T THROW UP IS IT HOT IN HERE OH MY GOSH I CAN'T BREATHE.

A guy asked you on a date and he's almost to your house? I CAN'T STOP GOING TO THE BATHROOM OH MY GOSH WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME OH MY GOSH HE IS GOING TO THINK I'M SO WEIRD WHAT IF I HAVE A PANIC ATTACK ON THE DATE MUST RESEARCH ALL POSSIBLE METHODS OF ESCAPE.

You're at a restaurant having a nice dinner? I FEEL SICK I FEEL SO SICK I DON'T WANT TO EAT ANYTHING EVER AGAIN WHY ARE WE OUT WHEN WE COULD BE AT HOME SITTING IN BED WITH OUR DOGS?

You know what? Maybe I need to look at my anxiety differently. I'm not even anxious, I just feel things. I'm aware of things. I see the possibilities and the proper amount of panic we should all have associated with them. How do non-anxious people NOT see the potential for disaster out there?

Okay fine, I'll work on stress-management techniques and keep taking my medicine and talk to a counselor. No one is perfect. We're all learning and growing!

Time for a massage.

But at least life is interesting!


Photobucket

No comments: