Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Life is Brutiful

Confession: about 20% of me wants to apologize profusely for my last blog post. I wrote it when I was feeling frustrated and fed up and I think it was unnecessarily negative. I do think I brought up some good points though, so I'm going to keep it for myself to look back and remember this season of my life. Maybe I'll giggle at myself and think, "I'm so glad I'm done with that season, but look at all the things I learned!" I also realize my negativity concerning dating is hurting me more than helping, so I'm going to try harder to be more positive and seek for opportunities to learn.

Remember a few posts ago when I shared a quote from, "Carry On Warrior"? I've been thinking so much about that book. She encourages women to be more open and honest - to realize that we are all wounded and weary and can build each other up through vulnerability. I'm so close to buying every woman in my life a copy. 


Anyways, just read this on her blog:


"Nobody’s life or family is perfect. Every family is brutiful. And so what we are celebrating today is not how things should be — but how they ARE. Messy and beautiful and human. If messy and human and poor and a little broken and totally unconventional and even scandalous is good enough for GOD’s little family — it’s good enough for yours, too. Let yourself and your people be messy and beautiful and human today. Don’t try to fix them, just love them. Don’t try to fix yourself, just love yourself. Let it all be.
Take extra good care of yourself. Be TENDER to yourself. Carry your hot tea. Arrange your pillow. When the feelings come, let  them – because letting them come is the only way they GO. Please, remember that God loves you just as you love your people. God loves YOU. Just as you are. You are like a perfect little baby wrapped in rags to God. Let that be. It’s true."

Definitely needed to hear that. Our little family is brutiful. I need to be more patient and tender with myself. Relax. Breathe. We all make mistakes. I don't have to be perfect. I just have to keep trying. 

P.S. I'm listening to the "Into the Woods" soundtrack and I can't stop. What an incredible movie.


Photobucket

No comments: