Friday, August 29, 2014

Service

I'm a different person than I was three months ago. I know I've mentioned it here before, but it bears repeating. I have made it my mission to fill my days with service and love for others.  

I'm a very spiritual person, and I honestly believe that I've had good intentions my entire life. I've always wanted to be better, to do good, to change lives. But now I see it really happening. The little things I do, the gestures... they have changed me more than they have changed anyone else.

What has happened since I've started this new way of life?
- I am overwhelmed with gratitude at the end of the day
- My trials and problems seem less significant 
- I feel closer to my Savior
- I feel more like myself, my true self, and I like who I see in the mirror
- I am more apt to receive personal revelation
- The happiness just glows from me
- I worry less, especially about my future or myself

I am not perfect. There are tough days, days when I feel overwhelmed and stressed and don't find the time to do something for another person. There are days when I do get sad because of something going on in my life, and I selfishly let myself wallow. I am never going to reach perfection, but I'm going to try to be better and better each day.

There is nothing I want more in this life and this world than to serve others with all of the capacity of my soul. I want to be a loving wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend and example of the atoning message of my Savior.

What a beautiful song:
Have I done any good in the world today?
Have I helped anyone in need?
Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad?
If not, I have failed indeed.
Has anyone's burden been lighter today because I was willing to share?
Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way?
When they needed my help was I there?





Photobucket

No comments: