Thursday, May 16, 2013

Every Day in May: Day 16

Day 16: Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it

I'm not sure if "lot in life" is the right phrase for what I'm about to discuss, but it is something I struggle with. 

I'm almost 25, I'm a hopeless romantic and what I want more than anything in the world is to fall in love, get married in the temple and start a family. I mean, this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who knows me, but there it is.

Let's be clear: I wouldn't trade my life experiences thus far for anything in the world. I'm SO grateful I'm not married to anyone I've dated up until now and for everything I've learned along the way. 

It is a hard thing to watch all of your close friends find what you want and although you're happy for them, you start to feel left behind. Sometimes I feel like I'm meant to be single forever. I'm honestly tired of making new girlfriends because they just end up getting married and disappearing from my life.

All I really want right now is to date someone I care about and start a meaningful relationship. When you get rejected or you're not asked out, you start to think it's you... which I'm desperately trying not to do.

I'm awesome, right? :)

Have a good day everyone!


 
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

katilda said...

I'm going to pull a "numbers" explanation on this one and say that the women in our area outnumber the men like 2:1 (at least) so...let's say it's not you :)