Thursday, June 9, 2011

Gross Jealousy




So... I have a confession... there's this girl I'm super jealous of.
She's 5'2" and petitie. She has beautiful, brown curly hair that naturally looks perfect.
She can dance. I mean, really dance.
She teaches others how to shake their booties.
She is a model. Others take her photos for their photography businesses/clothing lines.
Everyone loves her because she is so sweet. She is good with kids and dresses super, super cute.
On top of that, she is an artist. She has a flair for charcaol drawings and painting the beauty around her.

I am super jealous of this girl.
(Yes, this is a real person).

As most of you know, I go through these phases of "I'm not feeling talented. Or pretty. Or smart."

I guess today is just one of those days!

My mentor and I used to go through other, less obvious talents I have.
Like...
I am a good listener.
I see the beauty in others.
I am in tune with the Spirit.

Somehow, these important and even Christlike qualities just don't seem as concrete, important, definable or real as other talents like being able to play an instrument or paint a picture.
The only thing I can think of that I am kind of talented at?

Writing.
I love to write, even though I'm not the best.

And, no, I'm not a tiny girl. I'm 5'8" and shaped like a Willis.
When I'm in shape my body looks somewhat athletic at best. I may not be the prettiest girl around...
My cheeks are fat.
I have a flat chest.
My nose is abnormally large.

But I'm still pretty! *Imperfection is beauty*right???

I have thick, thick hair.
My teeth are white and straight.
My eyes are pretty.

I hate being jealous of this girl!!

Especially because she had the one thing I want more than anything.
But she let it go.

So I guess that puts me a little bit ahead.

xoxo.

1 comment:

Miss Amy said...

Be kind to yourself, sweet girl. No one is perfect. You are beautiful just how you are.