Happy Halloween from Ellie and I!
Things I love tonight:
- Ellie's smell and snuggles
- Cream cheese brownies from Paradise Bakery
- Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami (yes, I'm that embarrassing)
- Phone calls with Suzanne <3
- My big comfy bed (Pierre)
- A pumpkin named Earl
- The chilly evening weather
- Repentance/Christ's love for me
Things I don't love so much tonight:
- Feeling sad and a bit lonely
- Feeling like the apt is cluttered/dirty today
- Having to go to work tomorrow
- Window regulators that cost $250
- A car that is sort of falling apart! Crushie poo, hang in there!
It's hard to believe it's almost been a year since I graduated from ASU. This time last year I was scrambling to get my PR campaign in order, working hard at the CVB (and loving it), living at home, attempting to juggle working out and hanging out with friends and just starting to apply for jobs in the real world. What have I accomplished in the past year?
- Went to FL for three weeks. Saw a ton of friends, loved my happy place, worked at the playground and kept my seasonal status alive.
- Got a PR job with Hilton.
- Moved out of the house and into an apartment with two other girls.
- Became (almost) financially independent.
- Continued to live debt free and even save some $$.
- Adopted Ellie and provided her with everything she needs to be happy.
- Learned more about myself.
- Got over a boy.
- Got hurt by another boy.
- Turned 22 years old.
- Visited Disneyland three times.
- Went back to Florida to visit my girls and went to St. Augustine.
- Thought a lot about what I want to do next! The possibilities are endless.
I'm proud of myself and all that I've accomplished. Every day I get closer to those big goals that I've made. Though I may have little hangups here and there, I'm grateful that I've done this much so far in this life! I've always been the type of person to look toward the future, but it's important to glance backward, learn from the past and recognize our accomplishments. I also really want to give a little shout out to the parentals for all of their love and support over the years. I don't know where I would be without their guidance. Many of my life decisions (both big and small) have been made because of their example, their advice or something they've taught me. I love you both! I don't deserve all you do for me and I certainly don't show my gratitude enough but please know I am eternally grateful and love you very much. I may or may not have teared up a little while writing this :)
Also, if you haven't heard Katy Perry's new song, "Firework," it's fabulous. It makes me feel so empowered. You have everything you need to be happy.
Cause baby you're a firework
Come on, show em what you're worth
Make them go ah-ah-ah
As you shoot across the sky-y-y
Baby you're a firework
Come on let your colors burst
Make them go ah-ah-ah
You're gonna leave them going ah-ah-ah