Monday, October 25, 2010

A Daily Dose of Jane

So for today's Random Monday I thought I'd pull out the big guns and share with you some of my favorite Jane Austen quotes. She is my inspiration and I can only hope and dream of being half as consquential in the world as she is and was. Pay close attention to what she has to say, she is witty, inspired and a talented author.
  • "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment."
  • "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of."
  • "Friendship is certainly the finest balm for the pangs of disappointed love."
  • "How quick come the reasons for approving what we like!"
  • "I cannot speak well enough to be unintelligible."
  • "If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more."
  • "Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."
  • "My idea of good company is the company of clever, well-informed people who have a great deal of conversation; that is what I call good company."
  • "Next to being married, a girl likes to be crossed in love now and then."
  • "The more I know of the world, the more I am convinced that I shall never see a man whom I can really love."
  • "The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid."
  • "There is no charm equal to tenderness of heart."
  • "There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort."
  • "We all have a better guide in ourselves, if we would attend to it, than any other person can be."

1 comment:

McKenzie Hansen Mortensen said...

I absolutely love her. This was a marvelous post :) Thanks for entertaining me while at work!