- Yesterday was delightful. I woke up, talked weddings with Hilary (she made the most beautiful wedding planning book and she's making me one!), went to church and then Hilary made me homemade cinnamon rolls. I think I ate ten. Mmmmm.
- I am very, very lonely. I feel okay admitting this.
- Mom and Mary are back from NYC! They got me the CUTEST red purse with a big flower on it.
- Dad is also back from Colorado! It feels good having the family back.
- Ellie was spayed on Friday. She is doing really well. I have to keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't lick her stitches, so I spent all weekend taking it easy with her. Today she has to wear the cone of shame all day :(
- Where are you legitimate fall weather?? Please come soon.
- I watched the Sixth Sense last night before I fell asleep. NOT a good idea.
- On Friday night four of my guy friends came over and we watched How to Train Your Dragon. It was a lot of fun.
- I miss Disney. I miss it so so so much.
- Once upon a time I was skinny. Now, not so much.
- My hair grows WAY too fast. My bangs are already in my eyes.
- Sometimes The Office is the only thing that really makes sense in my life.
- I am pushing a BIG PR effort involving liquor. Oh, and golf. This is weird.
- Today work is INSANE. I have spent the last three hours writing this a bit at a time. And it's not even that interesting!!! haha.
A lot of people wonder what the heck it is I do... sometimes I do too!! (haha jk). Here's a glimpse into my morning so far:
- Edited two releases (I'm the first stop for releases all over the Western US. Yeah, it's a big responsiblity)
- Drafted a LONG e-mail to about ten people about a writer I'm hoping to host at one of our resorts in November. I'm coordinating this FAM entirely on my own so it's a lot of work/organizing to do.
- E-mailed the writer with details, gave him options and offered FREE STUFF.
- Talked on the phone with a pub who is interested in sending a writer to Squaw Peak for their May issue (big magazine, I'm way excited!)
- Sent out a media advisory detailing our Pumpkins at the Peak event (next Friday, get excited!)
- Coordinated with St. Mary's for some social media push for the event.
- Attempted to make my way through e-mails.
- Boss called, helped him gather photos and info for a request.
- Started drafting a golf release.
- About to call Dir. of F&B about liquor story. E-mailed corporate for help with media list and hoping to hold blogger/foodie event at restaurant in early November.
- Got a call from Tucson resort with some changes to a release I recently wrote for them.
Yeah, crazy morning. Lots more to do. As you can see- I handle LOTS of media relations.
Make it a great day!