Sunday, September 5, 2010

Strawberry!

I really, REALLY needed a little getaway, so when my family decided to drive up to Strawberry for the weekend, I jumped at the opportunity. My grandparents have a cabin (did I say cabin? I meant MANSION) up there and so we got to stay with them.

For those of you who don't know, Strawberry is a tiny town right past Pine & Payson up North (2 hourish drive). It's really cute and full of character. We arrived Saturday morning and I got to see my grandparent's place for the first time. Seriously though- I think it has six bedrooms and a HUGE room downstairs with the TV and everything. They built and designed it themselves. I was in heaven. After dropping our stuff we headed out on the Razor. The Razor is my dad's new toy he got in Colorado at his cabin. It is way fun!

I am quite impressed at myself for snapping this picture. My dad was driving so fast.

We arrived at the creek and got to play in the water. My dad may or may not have initiated a water fight with me. And I may or may not have severely lost said fight.

Ellie got to come! She loved every second of it. She is such a good traveler.

I'm obsessed with this photo.

The girls in the back seat of the razor. Ellie loved it!

Mary even got to drive. It's good practice for her! And we didn't even die!

Picnic time at the creek.

We got back to the cabin, watched some movies, napped, relax, made dinner... it was delightful. This morning we went to church in Pine. I swear I was the only person in the 20-30 age group. And so when one man got up to bear his testimony and said, "If you're under 30 and not married, you need to go on that. I'm serious" I laughed hysterically.

Love short little getaways!

No comments: