Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Joy in the Journey

I am feeling very grateful today. Grateful for a place to live, a job, a family who supports me and for the knowledge I have gained throughout this journey. Life has a funny way of throwing the exact trials at you that you specifically need to learn and grow. I have recently discovered that through my faith and obedience, anything is possible. And I'm grateful for that knowledge. For now I'm going to leave each day to the fullest and push forward in faith.

I feel so much better lately. I have a lot more energy and feel overall healthier. Why? Hcg. But we'll talk diet later. I've decided to dedicate a whole post to it when I'm done. It's day 9 and I haven't weighed myself again but at day 5 I had lost 5 pounds. Incredible.

Something else I am really grateful for today (and have thought a lot about lately) is the Relief Society in the church. I know that some may disagree with me, but it's probably my favorite part about Sundays. I love the women of the church- their example, their love and their wisdom. The message of the Relief Society is beautiful and I have decided to make it my life motto.

"We are beloved spirit daughters of God and our lives have meaning, purpose and direction. As a worldwide sisterhood, we are united in our devotion to Jesus Christ, our Savior and Exemplar. We are women of faith, virtue, vision and charity who:

-Increase our testimonies of Jesus Christ through prayer and scripture study
-Seek spiritual strength by following the promptings of the Holy Ghost
-Dedicate ourselves to strengthening marriages, families and homes
-Find nobility in motherhood and joy in womanhood
-Delight in service and good works
-Love life and learning
-Strand for truth and righteousness
-Sustain the priesthood as the authority of God on earth
-Rejoice in the blessings of the temple, understand our divine destiny and strive for exaltation."

I want to be the best person I can be.

No comments: