Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Spoiler Alert

When I was 14 years old I started a series of novels for young adults. I successfully completed three and had three more in the works. Tragically, all were lost as my old computer died forever ago. However, there has been one particular story that has been on my mind lately. I think it's okay to say that this novel is very loosely based on the fairy tale "The Princess and the Pea." So, I have started writing again and things are going well. Quite a few differences from the earlier plot but I'm extremely happy with it so far. The main character was inspired by my younger sister Mary and this novel is dedicated to her. I plan on submitting the first 15 pages with my graduate school applications (creative writing) and hopefully one day I will be able to recreate all of the novels!
"She would have to be a real princess."

No comments: