Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Are You Happy?

Jonah does this really cute thing.
He will look at you, tilt his head, and say in the sweetest high-pitch voice: "are you happy?"
Granted, he usually does it when he has just done something naughty and wants you to not be mad at him. 
But sometimes we will be snuggling together, happy as can be, and he'll turn to me and ask that cute question. He's the most empathetic, sweetest kiddo I've ever met.
I always say "yes, Jonah Bean, I'm so happy to be with you right now!"
Lately, though, I've been thinking about that question a lot. 

Am I happy?

I think I might be.
I am happy when I'm at home, in my brand new big bathtub with a book.
I am happy when I'm on the floor, praying my little heart out to God.
I am happy when Ellie curls up next to me.
I am happy when Jonah hugs and kisses me and tells me he loves me.
I am happy when I'm laughing with friends.
I am happy when I feel my angels near me.
I am happy when my momma texts me sweet things.
I am happy when I can help someone.

Things might not be going the best in my dating life or at work. I'm not a mother yet. I may not be where I want to be financially, emotionally, or spiritually. But, I am blessed. I am full of faith for the future. And I am happy.

Here are some photos of my favorite person in the world, just for good measure. 

P.S. Yeah. I'm back.




No comments: