Sunday, December 27, 2015

Brave.

I know I talked a few posts earlier about some specific goals I have for 2016, but today I want to talk about my word, or theme, for the year. I once heard a motivational speaker talk about choosing a word for your year and so I tried it out last year with "Peace." It was a wonderful motivator and just what I needed in 2015. I went into 2015 with my anxiety at an all time high. I sought peace daily and diligently in everything I did and I'm happy to say that I found it. Tears fill my eyes just thinking about that. I found it. I found peace! My year culminated in the temple, my castle, the House of the Lord, where I found more peace than I ever thought possible. It seemed a perfect way to round out the year and celebrate what a year it's been.

I prayed for about a month about my word for 2016. I have this feeling deep down in my soul that this year is going to be monumental for me, but only if I make it so. I want to push boundaries and my comfort level, ignite change, reinvent myself slowly but surely and become the woman I am meant to be. This year I turn 28. When I was a young girl, I always saw 28 as a magical age. I imagined myself as strong and beautiful and confident, a woman chasing her dreams. Well, young Whitney, this year I'm going to make it happen. 

This year I'm going to be brave. 

I'm going to start by changing things up in my life. Maybe I'll move. Maybe I'll switch careers. I'm going to make strides towards big things and pray to Heavenly Father for guidance, but not without taking action and exercising my agency. I'm going to reinvent myself from the inside out by taking care of my body and soul. I'm going to serve others, chase dreams, build my relationship with my Savior and Heavenly Father. If something makes me uncomfortable, I will take that as a good sign. I want to push myself further than ever before. I'm going to go to social events alone and meet new people. I'm going to date and say YES more than I say no.

Be you. Be brave. I'm ready for you 2016.

Shanty2Chic Be Brave Printable:

Photobucket

No comments: