Monday, January 19, 2015

On Sensitivity

Oh, am I a sensitive person. I feel things. My highs are unbelievably high and my lows are unfathomably low. I used to think this made me broken, but lately I'm starting to realize it makes me... well, me

A mean word from a friend can completely unravel my day. I cry all too often and all too easily. I've never been a person to lie and tell you that my day is going fine when it's not. I wear my heart on my sleeve. 

But you know what this means? It means I'm always pouring my heart into relationships. I'm tender and kind to those around me. I'm sensitive to my surroundings and watch to learn before acting, taking in quiet inspiration to serve others. Something I thought of as one of my biggest weaknesses I am now beginning to think of as one of my biggest strengths.

I've been doing a lot of reading, writing, praying and pondering on the subject, specifically about my own tender heart and how I got this way. You know what? I think this is how I was before I came to earth. I think this is the beautiful piece of me that Heavenly Father let me keep and told me that it would be my privilege to quietly discover as I got older. 

"Never apologize for being sensitive or emotional. It's a sign that you have a big heart, and that you aren't afraid to let others see it. Showing your emotions is a sign of strength." - Brigitte Nicole

"Being tender and open is beautiful. Don't let someone steal your tenderness. Don't allow coldness and fear of others tarnish your perfectly vulnerable beating heart." - Zooey Deschanel 

"I was born a little broken, with a little extra dose of sensitivity." - Glennon Doyle Melton

 <3

No comments: