Thursday, December 11, 2014

A Love Letter From God

I recently read this excerpt in a book titled, "Carry On, Warrior" by Glennon Doyle Melton. 

"Now listen carefully, because this is important: When you were born, I put a piece of myself in you. Like an indestructible, brilliant diamond, I placed a part of me inside of you. That part of you - the very essence of you, in fact - is me; it is Love, it is perfect, and it is untouchable. No one can take it, and you can't give it away. It is the deepest, truest part of you, the part that will someday return to me. You are Love. You cannot be tarnished by anything you've done or that anyone else has done to you. Everyone carries this piece of me - this perfect Love. You are all a part of me, and I am a part of you, and you are a part of each other. The essence of each of you is Love.

Your first job is to know that: to float and swim in that knowledge, to believe that the Love, the spirit, the God in you and in everyone, is equally brilliant and unmarred. Your second job is to help other people know about their brilliance, their essence, their perfection, their core - which is perfect Love. When they speak to you from their fear - speak past their fear and directly to their Love. Their Love will step forward eventually. It's one of my rules. Be patient.

Do not worry. Come out of hiding, because you have these two jobs to do: be still and know, and then help others know. Since you carry me with you, you know what to do. You always know the next right thing. You are new, every moment, new. Your time, your energy, your mind, the people who come into your life - they are all gifts from me and they are infinite. They belong to you and to everyone else."

Oh how I cried when I read that because I believe every word with 100% of this soul of mine. I want to remind every single beautiful person in this world how much they are loved. I want to show them with my words, my deeds and my actions. I want to dedicate every second of this precious life to serving my brothers and sisters. I am blessed. I know that God loves me and I want to remind others of His love for them too. 

Lately I feel at peace and it's quite the change. I'm used to the roller coaster... I'm strapped in and experiencing the highs and lows of my 20's. I'm used to dreaming of the future; of a better tomorrow. I'm used to thinking about the "what ifs." What if I had another job? What if I moved to a different place? 

Then I settled in. I told myself I trusted in God and let Him take care of me. The peace washed over me like a warm blanket and I settled in. I started focusing on serving others and my life made more sense. I realized that I had special talents that would help me tough the lives of those around me. 

It's not easy and I'm not saying I don't have tough days. Last Saturday I spent the entire night crying in my bed, feeling sorry for myself because I wasn't exactly where I wanted to be in this life. I believe in letting yourself FEEL, letting the emotions wash over you. I gave myself that night to feel my sorrow, to let it sink in and pour over me. The next morning I woke up, got on my knees and prayed to my Heavenly Father to help me not only get through the day, but help someone in need. And I think I did. 

There's such sorrow in this life. There's pain and regret and temptation. But there's also joy, faith and LOVE. I'm going to try a little harder to be a little better. I'm going to find joy in every day. I'm going to live with a sense of gratitude. I'm going to try to be more patient and kind to those among me. I'm going to really LISTEN and watch for opportunities to serve. Here's to the Light in each of us.


Photobucket

No comments: