Monday, November 24, 2014

Falling in Love Should be Easy

Shouldn't finding the right man and falling in love be easy?

Lately it just feels like a lot of work. Go to an activity to try to meet new people. Small talk, small talk, small talk. Lots of dates. Jilted conversations. Smile and act interested. Texts and phone calls. More dates. I know it's better than no interest at all, but I just feel exhausted. I haven't had my heart woken up in such a long time. 

I just feel like it should be more comfortable, more fluid. I'd like to fall in love with a friend, someone who I'm comfortable with and myself around. I'd like to take it slow and give it time. I don't want to rush it. 

Dear Future Gentleman:

Let's fall in love. Let's hold hands under the starry sky's blanket of warmth. Let's share our dreams and hopes and ambitions and take this life by storm together. 

Love You to Eternity & More,

Whitney

"There are far better things ahead than anything we leave behind." C.S. Lewis



Photobucket

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I've been following your blog for a while now, but it has been a bit since I've commented. I was in this sport not that long ago. I really liked your line, "I haven't had my heart woken up in such a long time." It's frustrating. The man I'm with now took four months to ask me out, and I had liked him since the first date and there were awkward goodbyes and hesitating to put little cutesy comments in my Facebook messages to him. But then, I felt like we were good friends by the time he did ask me out. All men are different, though. Something good will come out of this. :)