Sunday, March 10, 2013

My Latest Mission

First of all, I swear I have post-partum Disney depression. I leave that place and it's like a piece of my soul just withers and aches to go back. I compensate by buying Disney classic CDs and listening to them in my car non-stop.

Second of all, I have a new mission. At the end of May my family (mom, dad, Mary) and our beloved neighbors (Amy, Nicolo, Will) and I are all going on a 7-DAY DISNEY CRUISE TO THE CARIBBEAN!! To say I'm excited is probably the understatement of the world. We're going to Castaway Cay (Disney's private island paradise), Cozumel, the Grand Cayman and other delightful Caribbean stops. 

So my new mission is this: mission health/lose weight/get in better shape. I realize I just ran a half-marathon and I KNOW I've made such great progress in my health but I want to take it the next level. I have about six months until my next half and my goal is to shave  a half hour off of my first half time. That's a pretty heft goal, my friends. It means I have to get serious about my work outs (especially when it comes to my runs) and my food choices. Food is seriously my best friend/worst enemy and I know many of you feel the same way. Usually I'll start the day off great and then my emotions or boredom or cravings will get the better of me and I'll end up feeling like a hot mess by the end of the day. But this is not going to happen anymore!

Another difficulty I had training was mixing up strength training and cross training (the bike, elliptical, fitness classes, yoga) with my runs. I think it definitely worked against me and I have to be better this time. 

I'm writing this post as a sort of warning. Please bear with me as I post lots of fitness inspiration, my progress, meal ideas, etc to keep me going. I know if I post on my blog to keep myself accountable, I'll see much better results. 

Here's me two weeks ago in Disney - will serve as a "before" picture!

Let's see if I can lose 15 lbs before the end of May, feel healthier and do better with my runs! Get running!



Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you!
Also, they do a 5k run on the morning you go to Castaway Cay! So you could train for that ;)

I definitely go through Disney withdrawal so bad. I went in December and I'm already dying. I feel ya girl.

Abby said...

First, you look great! Second, did you stick with a paleo-style diet? I've been doing it for 6 weeks and I've lost 20lbs. Much more than I expected!

Hope you're well - it seems like you are! xoxo