Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Divine Guidance

It's been a weird few weeks. Well, a weird few years if we're cutting to the chase but let's pretend like we're not. Between being very sick since last Sunday to frustrations at work and with my life, I've felt a little bit down. I feel like I work as hard as I can each and every day and that it's not really getting me anywhere. 

Well, last night I really had enough. I got down on my knees and asked my Heavenly Father one thing: to remind me of what I'm working so hard for. I didn't know exactly what my answer would be, but I thought it would be something along the lines of a happy future or eternal promises... so I snuggled into my bed, read my scriptures and watched a few episodes of 30 Rock on my computer. 

In the morning I woke up feeling really happy for some reason, but I couldn't quite put my finger on why. I took Ellie out and got ready for work and realized I was humming. Side note: I am never EVER happy in the morning so this was a weird occurrence. Most of my real deep thinking happens in the car so as I drove to work I remembered why I was so happy, and that it truly was the answer to my prayer in a very unexpected way. 

Last night I had a very real dream about my future, specifically my children. Now, that might freak some people out (remind me to make my blog private when I start dating someone so he is not freaked out by this), but it was so soothing. My future children are very real to me and the feelings that I had in my dream about them are indescribable. Right now life might seem a little bit confusing and rough at times, but I need to remember the eternal family I'm working towards. The choices I make now will affect them later. I need to prepare to be a wife and mother and be the best person I can be.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Eman said...

Hope GOD guides you to a bright and lovely future.

Bless you ^_^
E