Thursday, April 5, 2012

I'm Not That Girl

I have a really difficult time believing I'm worthy of anyone.

I always feel like Elphaba in Wicked, like there's some other girl worthier of this boy.

Hands touch, eyes meet
Sudden silence, sudden heat
Hearts leap in a giddy whirl
He could be that boy
But I'm not that girl

Don't dream too far
Don't lose sight of who you are
Don't remember that rush of joy
He could be that boy
I'm not that girl

Ev'ry so often we long to steal
To the land of what-might-have-been
But that doesn't soften the ache we feel
When reality sets back in

Blithe smile, lithe limb
She who's winsome, she wins him
Gold hair with a gentle curl
That's the girl he chose
And Heaven knows
I'm not that girl

Don't wish, don't start
Wishing only wounds the heart
I wasn't born for the rose and the pearl
There's a girl I know
He loves her so
I'm not that girl

It makes me sad that I feel like this, because I know there's someone out there for me. It's just hard sometimes... I don't want to sound pathetic or make you feel sorry for me. But I feel lonely a lot of the time. I need to face these self-confidence issues and push through...



Photobucket

2 comments:

Aleisha said...

oh, i completely understand! somehow we just have to keep pushing through and believe there is a good man out there smart enough to see how wonderful you are!

Miss Amy said...

I read this today... Hope it helps you like it helps me! :) "Accept yourself! Insecurity is what’s ugly, not you. Be you, just the way you are, in the beautiful way only you know how. The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others. You must love who you are or no one else will either. And when you are truly comfortable in your own skin, not everyone will like you, but you won’t care about it one bit."