Monday, October 10, 2011

MY Best Friend

Today I feel inspired to tell you a little more about my partner in crime: Ellie Willis.

The first time I ever saw Ellie, all I could think about was how tiny she was. She weighed one pound and I constantly worried about sitting on her! The very first night I took her home I attempted to leave her in a kennel. Her little cries touched my heart and I quickly saved her from her cage and snuggled her near me. We have not spent a night apart since.


Dear Ellie,

I'm so blessed to have you in my life. My favorite part of every single day is coming home to your sweet energy and spending time with you. Sometimes I sit and think how selfish I was when I adopted you. I was in desperate need of change and thought a puppy would do the trick. I did not think about the financial strain, the time or energy it would take to keep you happy. I've learned so much with you and I'm glad I adopted you and gave you love and introduced you to some of your favorite people.

If there is ever a time when we're not together, I want you to know how much I love you. I cry uncontrollably when I think about being apart from you, even for a short while. We have developed a strong bond, an impenetrable force that ties us together.

You are strong and resilient and I know that whatever happens in this life of ours, you will be okay. Together or not, there will never come a day when I don't think about you.

You are my very best friend. I love every single thing about you, from the late night snuggles to your tiny howl or the way you playfully throw your toys around the room.

I love you.






Love forever from your momma,

Photobucket

2 comments:

Holly said...

Awww I love your letter to Ellie,s o sweet! She is a cutie! Aren't Chihuahua's the best?!

Happy Monday!

-Holly @ Eight Six Eleven

Laura Elizabeth said...

Aw, this is so sweet!! Even though I live with a dog at the moment (a little Chihuahua actually!), she's not *mine*. I can't wait to get my very own dog, I absolutely LOVE that bond that there is between dogs and their human.