Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Birchbox Review: January

Have you heard of Birchbox? If not, you're really missing out. Staci (aka my best friend) introduced me to its goodness just last month before Christmas. She pulled out her cute little box of samples and one by one showed me how much she loved each of them. I couldn't wait to get home and sign up! For only $10 a month (yep, so cheap!) you get 5 or 6 high-end beauty samples delivered to your door, with full descriptions and pricing. You get to try out these amazing products without having to pay full price. And if you really love something you can buy it with confidence!

So I decided each month to share some of my goodies with everyone and hopefully inspire you to join the Birchbox phenomenon as well!

Above you see my January package of goodies. Too cute!

1. Blow, Blog Up Daily Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner: Full Size $16 for each 9 fl oz
This morning I took a shower and tried out both the shampoo and conditioner. There's not much to say at first about this product... it's much like other high end shampoos. Smells great, leaves your hair feeling soft and all that. But I found that after I blow dried my hair it really held the volume well. Welcome back poof! (in a good way).

2. myfaceworks, Sheet Mask $55 for 6 masks
Wow, this is one pricey face mask! But I can sort of see why... the aloe smells amazing and makes your skin glow. Everything is easy about this mask. You simple open up the package and place on your face for fifteen minutes. And, no, you don't get a picture of this one! My skin felt soft and smooth-- like a mini facial!

3. Zhena's Gypsy Tea, $7.99 for 22 sachets
I'm not a big tea drinker, so I'm passing this along to some one who is :) I'll keep you updated!

4. Ahava, Dermud Intensive Nourishing Hand Cream $28 for 4.2 fl oz
Out of everything in the box, I was the least satisfied with this product. It didn't stand out to me as anything really out of the ordinary. It does nourish your hands. Like tons of other hand creams. I do plan on taking to work though :)

5. Serge Lutens, L'eau 50 ml for $105
My favorite product BY FAR. Of course it's the most expensive too. This perfume smells divine. I seriously keep getting whiffs of it all day and think "what IS that?" Oh no worries, it's just this fresh, clean and just the right amount of strength perfume that I got in my Birchbox.

Woops, this is the other "Blow" product. I got shampoo AND conditioner!

1 comment:

shirley elizabeth said...

That is totally such a great gift idea for somebody - a half or full year subscription. Genius.