Friday, October 8, 2010

Words of Wisdom & Love

"When we understand more than we know with our minds, when we understand with our hearts, then we know that the Spirit of the Lord is working upon us" --Harold B. Lee

"But behold, the Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell; I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love" --2 Nephi 1:15

"To know what you prefer, instead of humbling saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer; is to have kept your soul alive" --Robert Louis Stevenson

"What and how much had I lost by trying to do only what was expected of me instead of what myself had wished to do? What a waste, what a senseless waste" --Ralph Ellison

"It is contrary to the order of heaven for any soul to be locked into compulsive behavior with no way out" --Elder Boyd K. Packer

"Encouragement and acceptance are far more conducive to growth than criticism and negativity"

"I testify you are individually loved of God. You are central to the meaning of His work and you are cherished and prayed for by the presiding officers of His church" --Jeffrey R. Holland (latest conference, such a beautiful talk)

You are Loved. Don't give up.

I wouldn't trade trials for the world. I'm so eternally for them and how they help me in my personal journey of growth and exaltation. Hopefully some of these thoughts serve as inspirational! I have a great love for all of my friends and family.

No comments: