Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Part II

Two posts in one day. Boom baby.

So I am feeling rather analytical. It's probably because the weather is so beautiful and rainy right now. So what's my favorite thing to analyze? Myself, of course. I'm an extremely introspective individual and I feel that through critical thought and reflection we can learn so much about who we were before this life and what we want to change. "Enjoy the quest of self discovery" (from my patriarchal blessing).

Anyways, I feel like I always connect to songs that talk about the difficulty of expressing our feelings, our thoughts and who we are. I am still trying to figure out why. Maybe it's because I have never been in love? I'm afraid to give away my heart? I have a difficult time expressing how I feel out loud? Let's worry about that later. I just want to share a few favorites.

Let's start with Josh Groban's new song: "Hidden Away"


The sweetest feelings I've got inside

And I just can't wait to get lost in your eyes

And all these words that you meant to say

held in silence day after day,

Word of kindness our poor hearts crave

Please don't keep them hidden away

Next, "If Only" from the broadway version of The Little Mermaid



If only you could know

The things I long to say

If only I could tell you what I wish I could convey

It's in my every glance

My heart's an open book

You'd see it all at once if only you would look

All my secrets, you would learn them

All my longings, you'd return them

Then the silence would be broken

Not a word would need be spoken

A song that embodies thoughts I have often: "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" from Andrew Lloyd Weber's Phantom of the Opera.
You were once my one companion
You were all that mattered
You were once a friend and father
Then my world was shattered

Wishing you were somehow here agains
Wishing you were somehow near
Sometimes it seemed if I just dreamed
Somehow you would be here

Wishing I could here your voice again
Knowing that I never would
Dreaming of you helped me to do
All that you dreamed I could

Passing bells and sculpted angels, cold and monumental
Seem for you the wrong companion, you were warm and gentle

Too many years
Fighting back tears
Why can't the curse just die!

Wishing you were here again
Knowing we must say goodbye

Try to forgive
Teach me to live
Give me the strength to try!

No more memories
No more silent tears
No more gazing across the wasted years

Help me say goodbye

Let's finish things off with my favorite author and female role model, Jane Austen.


"If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more."

No comments: