Thursday, September 16, 2010

Seeking to Help Others

Lots of times we get stuck inside our own life bubble and forget that there are so many people out there in need of aid, comfort and any help we can give them. I have been very self-centered lately, especially the last 7 months. Yes, this is an important time for me to learn more about myself and focus on what I want to do with my life. Direction is important and I'm glad that I have the means to choose what I think will make me happy. But I learn so much more about who I am by serving others. When the focus is off of me and directed toward another, it's as if all of my small and petty life problem dissipate into nothingness.

I can't tell you how grateful I am today. With meeting new people, attitude change and the joy of service enriching my life, I feel much more myself.

Extend a helping hand to some one who has fallen, experienced great pain or felt the human suffering that inevitably comes upon all of us.


“Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me” (Matthew 25:40).

No comments: