Tuesday, September 28, 2010

For the Men

You know what's funny? I wrote something like this when I was in high school for the "men" in my life. I was so frustrated with them and everything I felt they were doing wrong. It's so funny to think how different my thoughts are now compared to then. This is not directed toward one person in particular, nor based solely on any one circumstance. I am not bitter. I am not angry. I am not trying to hate or bash on men, just share a few insights that are valuable to me. Not every girl would agree with me!

For the men:
  • Please look me in the eyes when you are speaking to me or asking me a question. It makes me feel like you are actually listening.
  • A man whose life does not revolve around sports is so attractive. I don't care if you enjoy watching sports; that's fine, we can have different interests. But if it completely consumes your life I just can't handle it. Side note: this has been a recurring issue in my relationships. Duds!
  • Honesty and forwardness are crucial to a relationship but let's soften our words a little. Delivery is everything (PR).
  • I don't care what she says, a girl never gets tired of being complimented. But make your words genuine!
  • Simple gestures are crucial to the survival of my affections. Whisper kind words in my ear, send me a note to let me know you're thinking of me, call me just to hear my voice.
  • If you couldn't tell, my love language is communication. If I don't hear how you feel often, I lose touch and feel anxious.
  • I've been hurt before. I'd like for it not to happen again, but let's be realistic. Let me know your expectations, honest feelings and what you're looking for from me.
  • The older I get, the more open-minded I become. Don't be afraid to be completely open with me. Being judgemental gets you nowhere and I'd like to know where you're coming from.
  • Laugh with me. It's a great way to connect. I know I laugh at everything, but that's just my passion for life.
  • Actually attempt to connect with me. You can't just sit there and expect a spark to hit you in the ass. Put forth some effort and get to know me. I know you won't be disappointed that you did.
  • I hate playing games.
  • Ask me how I'm feeling and ask me how I'm doing.
  • Let's talk to one another as adults. Let's have intellectual conversations: about politics, life, family, spirituality... I don't care if they're hot button topics. We're allowed to disagree. I just want you to listen and respect my point of view. I will gladly offer you the same courtesy.
  • I'm not dating to "hook up." I've never been that way. Yes, I'm playing for keeps. If that scares you away then I'm sorry but you're not worth my time.
  • My kisses are special. I save them for special people.
  • Be confident in yourself and who you are (pot calling the kettle...). I find that so attractive and I definitely need that example in my life.
  • I am an intelligent, funny, sweet, loving, attractive individual. I truly believe I deserve the best.

I guess you actually do have to kiss some frogs until you find your prince!

No comments: