For the men:
- Please look me in the eyes when you are speaking to me or asking me a question. It makes me feel like you are actually listening.
- A man whose life does not revolve around sports is so attractive. I don't care if you enjoy watching sports; that's fine, we can have different interests. But if it completely consumes your life I just can't handle it. Side note: this has been a recurring issue in my relationships. Duds!
- Honesty and forwardness are crucial to a relationship but let's soften our words a little. Delivery is everything (PR).
- I don't care what she says, a girl never gets tired of being complimented. But make your words genuine!
- Simple gestures are crucial to the survival of my affections. Whisper kind words in my ear, send me a note to let me know you're thinking of me, call me just to hear my voice.
- If you couldn't tell, my love language is communication. If I don't hear how you feel often, I lose touch and feel anxious.
- I've been hurt before. I'd like for it not to happen again, but let's be realistic. Let me know your expectations, honest feelings and what you're looking for from me.
- The older I get, the more open-minded I become. Don't be afraid to be completely open with me. Being judgemental gets you nowhere and I'd like to know where you're coming from.
- Laugh with me. It's a great way to connect. I know I laugh at everything, but that's just my passion for life.
- Actually attempt to connect with me. You can't just sit there and expect a spark to hit you in the ass. Put forth some effort and get to know me. I know you won't be disappointed that you did.
- I hate playing games.
- Ask me how I'm feeling and ask me how I'm doing.
- Let's talk to one another as adults. Let's have intellectual conversations: about politics, life, family, spirituality... I don't care if they're hot button topics. We're allowed to disagree. I just want you to listen and respect my point of view. I will gladly offer you the same courtesy.
- I'm not dating to "hook up." I've never been that way. Yes, I'm playing for keeps. If that scares you away then I'm sorry but you're not worth my time.
- My kisses are special. I save them for special people.
- Be confident in yourself and who you are (pot calling the kettle...). I find that so attractive and I definitely need that example in my life.
- I am an intelligent, funny, sweet, loving, attractive individual. I truly believe I deserve the best.
I guess you actually do have to kiss some frogs until you find your prince!