Wednesday, September 8, 2010

And Now We're Looking Like Pimps

I've lost 7 pounds in 9 days. Pretty good, eh?? I still don't really see where I'm losing the weight, which is frustrating though. My goal is to lose 9 more pounds. I'm doing really well. Overall I feel like I have a lot more energy and I don't think about food all the time like I thought I would on a 500 calorie a day plan. I eat small portions and feel full. But, yes, I do miss my chocolate!!

So today I got into work and was locked out of the pool area which leads to the Cabana (my office). Apparently the power had gone out last night. So after I was let in I sat in my office for a while, did some cleaning and made some phone calls. My boss got in and we took a tour of our 18-hole championship golf course (I'm working on vamping up the PR, we have some great water conservation efforts underway btw!) and came back in. The power seemed to be working!! I got through a few e-mails and requests and started to edit three press releases to be sent to Corporate. Then the power went out again!! I lost all my edits and the technicians told us that we should find somewhere else to work for the day. So my boss let me go home. I ran a few errands, e-mailed and edited from home, took a nap and spent time with Ellie. It was really a great day. But I fear that tomorrow I have a TON to catch up on. I hope everything with the power is back in order.

I need to go to the temple more often. I feel so blessed when I do. I love people who inspire me to do better. What a blessing to have the House of the Lord just 30 minutes away!! Coincidentally my recommend expires this month so I'm excited to go get it renewed next week and then hopefully participate in ward temple night. It makes me happy to even think about it! My favorite place :)

Guilty pleasures:
-Diet coke w/fresh lemon
-Music, including, but not limited to: Ke$ha, Gaga, Enrique, A-dawg & Katy Perry. I embarrass myself
-Glee
-The Princess and the Frog songs (goin down the Bayou....)
-Blogging
-Finding shoes and a skirt at Target for $10 (is this really a guilty pleasure? I don't think so, but I'm happy with my find!)

Have a magical evening!

No comments: