Saturday, January 16, 2010

Deja Vu?

Well, here we are again. I haven't thought about blogging in quite some time. Usually it's because I feel silly saying what I feel or talking about all the things that are going on in my life. And as you can see- I'm not very good at updating. But I promise I will do better. I think this will not only be a great creative outlet for me, but will spark some ideas for writing again.

Life is full of disappointments, struggle and pain. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm an emotional person (I KNOW!) and most of the time I admit hiding my feelings in the face of trials is difficult for me. It seems that in transitional periods I stumble the most. Where am I going? What are the choices I should make to ensure my best future?

And then there's love. Fickle, funny, awe-inspiring love.

"If only you could know
The things I long to say
If only I could tell you
What I wish I could convey
It's in my every glance
My heart's an open book

You'd see it all at once if only you would look...

All my secrets, you would learn them
All my longings, you'd return them
Then this silence would be broken
Not a word would need be spoken."

I know I'm strong enough to face all opposition and win. I know that certain things happen for a reason and that I have so many loved ones behind me backing up my decisions. One day I'll look back on this and wonder why I was so stressed, so worried about my future. In a new book I'm reading it encourages "going with the flow," and ideal I first learned from a wise turtle years ago. But it also says to make sure it's the right flow for you- a path that will lead you to inevitable happiness. So here it goes. I'm jumping in, forgetting all about my pesky anxiety and worries. Deep breath, hold on, and follow your dreams.

No comments: