Saturday, December 6, 2008

Blog, revisited.

You may be wondering why the Whitney blog has made an oh-so-sudden reappearance into the world. It's because I missed it so much! I used the delete function as a clutch- because I was having a super hard time and not wanting to share any negative energy with any fellow readers. I also have the propensity to write, write, write, write (you get the idea) and I knew I wasn't strong enough to not write anything negative. Now that my life is back on track and looking FABULOUS, I decided to recreate my blog. I also received some advice from a recent graduate and PR professional that having a blog would be a great way to show future employers that I love to write and that I am capable of writing in full and complete sentences (you would be surprised...).


What have I been up to lately? Too much to tell, but thank you for asking! Here's a quick update:


1. I am a Disney Campus Representative! This means I am still an official cast member, and I market the College Program to prospective students at ASU, mainly the downtown campus. It's an unpaid job, but we have lots of incentives and also Disney freebies, including theme park tickets! I am so thrilled.


2. My mom won a HUGE prize a few weeks ago. We are so grateful. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to tell you any more about this. The media and PR people are coming to our house next Thursday and I'm afraid the cat will be out of the bag by that time. Check your Ahwatukee/Foothills news for more info at that point.


3. I am almost done with school! I got offered an internship for the Zonie Report next semester, blogging on health and diet issues, which I find fascinating. The editor was pleased with my work and wanted to keep me on! We'll see!!


4. I have been writing the screenplay like crazy. It now even has an official title! I also deleted three characters that weren't working for the story, and replaced them with one super fantastic character. I also added a few scenes and have been working on the ending. After reading how Stephenie Meyer published her work, I've been inspired. Maybe all I need is a little luck. Oh, and I also have a specific actor in mind for the lead. Yet to be announced.


5. I love the new friends in my life. I love their inquisitive natures, kind spirits, and unending support and enthusiasm for me. They are more than I could have ever hoped for and I am so grateful for them in my life. I know it was time to move on and discover more about who I am, and these are just the people to help with that great adventure!


Okay, so I was going to end at five new points but I have a few more tidbits to add. I apologize for the lack of pictures with this post, I will hopefully be taking some exciting ones soon, and it is a goal of mine to do better documenting my life properly.


Mary and I have these "thermometers" in the kitchen that go up to 200. Every time you go above and beyond in some way, you earn points. Once you earn 200, you get a MYSTERY PRIZE at Christmas. Ohhh how thrilling! I love it. I love feeling like I'm six again. I am not even being sarcastic. What brought this fun game on? Well, my family is working on unity. We are trying to be united in purpose and come closer together. We realize that service and caring for others is a great way to achieve this goal. So, help me earn those points!! I am willing to help out anyone, any way I can :) (No, not just for points, I love to do service anyways!)


Other than the past, what looms in the all so bright future? A disney cruise over Spring Break, a wonderful Christmas, a visit from my lovely friends Katie and Karla, and a trip to Utah next weekend. I'll explain the Utah trip more fully after we return.


Quote/theme for the day:

“There will be little rubs and disappointments everywhere, and we are all apt to expect too much; but then, if one scheme of happiness fails, human nature turns to another; if the first calculation is wrong, we make a second better: we find comfort somewhere . . .” Jane Austen


So, hello again. It's good to be back.

No comments: