Friday, August 31, 2018

Change

One of the bravest, most faith-filled decisions of 2018 was taking a brand new job at Phoenix Children's Hospital Foundation in March. 

One of the bravest, most faith-filled decisions of 2018 was quitting that same job at Phoenix Children's Hospital Foundation in August. 

There are lots of things I could say to explain why I left... but ultimately it came down to this: my health, happiness and emotional well-being are the most important things in my life. When something supersedes them... it has to go. 

I'm not 100% sure yet why Heavenly Father wanted me to take the job if He knew I would be leaving (I had strong spiritual confirmation to make the move to PCH and very strong spiritual confirmation to leave). We can only see how the puzzle pieces of our lives fit together looking back, so I may have to give this some time and space. I do know that I have learned innumerable lessons, been filled with humility and faith and met some incredible people. I have guesses as to what He wanted me to learn and push me towards, but I know I will see everything even more clearly as time goes by.

All of this happened on the eve of turning 30, which seemed quite appropriate. In any normal circumstances, I would be filled with anxiety about the unknown... about what to do next... wondering and worrying for the future. Instead, I felt nothing but peace.

I have officially left the non-profit sector and moved on to the for-profit world. Holy heck was that a hard decision. Deciding what to do next was immeasurably more difficult than deciding to leave. The next step in life seemed foggy and unclear. I have defined my work and worth on this earth for so long by my job, by what I did. It didn't seem possible that I could find a job somewhere else and still do good work, and share my heart with the world. 

But, as always, Heavenly Father provided for me. I can't wait to see what the next decade brings in my career as well as my personal life. So many things are shifting for me and I feel like a more strong, confident, capable person than ever before. 

No comments: