Sunday, May 24, 2015

Mermaid Hair

I have been on a quest for the last few months (or maybe my entire life) to achieve what I call "mermaid hair." Mermaid hair is long, luscious and wavy hair. 

I always get to a point with my hair where it won't grow any further. At this point I usually get frustrated and chop it off or just keep trimming it at that length. OR I get extensions and completely damage my hair for good. Don't do it people! My hair is still working on getting back to its natural thickness after the damage I did to it. I'm sorry hair. :(

No more, my friends!

Here's what I've been doing:
- I take two Biotin pills every morning. I think this has helped the most. 
- I wash my hair about 4 - 5 times per week versus the 7 times per week I used to be doing. I hope to get down to about three. Dry shampoo is saving me. 
- I do a coconut oil mask every Saturday night. 

It is growing about half an inch every two weeks which is AMAZING!! The only super annoying thing is that my roots grow out like crazy and I can't afford to go to the salon every month so I've been dyeing in at home with a $3 box (don't judge me, it lasts the longest) and I may or may not be doing tiny trims of split ends on my own. 

My goal is to get a real color/trim at the salon every three months to save money and let my hair grow out. 

COME ON MERMAID HAIR!!

I dyed my hair about two weeks before this picture was taken and you can already see crazy light roots.
Photobucket

No comments: