Friday, May 10, 2013

Every Day in May: Day 10

I just realized that I will be going on my cruise May 24th so I'll miss a few days of the challenge toward the end. Maybe I should start doubling up now? Perhaps.

Day 10: Most embarrassing moment(s). Spill. 

This is a really tough one because I'm not easily embarrassed. I've always been a good sport about teasing and awkward situations, but I thought I'd share just a few moments throughout the years!
  • Some of you know my dad is a high school math teacher and taught at the school I attended. He was even my Honors Geometry teacher at one point, but that's a story for another day. My English class happened to be during his prep hour and he found out where my class was. One day, right in the middle of lecture he came into the room and the teacher stopped. He said as loud as he could, "I'm SO sorry to interrupt Mrs. Price, but I have a message for Whitney." He then proceeded, "Whitney, your mother is picking you up right after school because you need to buy new underwear." Everyone started busting up laughing and so did I. He is such a goon and loves teasing me. 
  • When I worked at Disney World in the Summer of 2009, I had a semi-"fling" with a boy. He promised before we starting working that he would take me out on a fancy date at a nice Disney restaurant of my choice. I chose a classy restaurant at a resort on property and we got all dressed up and cute for our night out. We ended up getting to the restaurant rather early, so we decided to take a little walk around the resort. It was a very windy day and I remember I leaned back against a bridge railing and a gust of wind took my skirt up and completely over my head, exposing EVERYTHING. Let's just say I was glad to be wearing undies that covered me well. I was mortified and he pretended like he didn't see anything, but I knew he did. At least we ended up having a nice dinner together!
  • When I was 19 I was on a date (why are all of my embarrassing stories date-related?) with a guy I barely knew. We were driving to dinner when I suddenly had an explosive nose-bleed. The dry weather plus a dog bite I had when I was 8 sometimes cause these, but this was the most inopportune time EVER. I got blood all over my shirt and we had to pull over at a gas station to get tissues and clean me up. I'm pretty sure I just went home... ew!



Photobucket

No comments: