Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Smile

I know I've been complaining a lot lately. I've been down in the dumps and feeling sorry for myself and it just isn't right. Since I work for one of the most amazing non-profit organizations in the world, you'd think I'd have a better sense of perspective. 

There are certain stories and people who truly touch my heart. Sometimes it's a blog post I read, a movie I watch or a speaker I am fortunate enough to hear. Today a wish kid came into our office and shared her touching story of childhood cancer. Her faith and hope radiated from her. As she flipped through pictures of her treatment, she couldn't stop smiling. She told us that cancer had changed her for the better and further instilled faith of her Heavenly Father. Her wish with Make-A-Wish was simply to share her story. She has been traveling around the country distributing her book and presenting to those fortunate enough to hear her.

I am soooo blessed. I have never gone through a trial so big and yet I still find reasons to complain about all of the little things. I need to be stronger, more faithful and hopeful and full of light. Thank you to everyone for putting up with me!

Smile though your heart is aching. Smile even though it's breaking.When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by.

If you smile through your pain and sorrow - smile and maybe tomorrow you'll see the sun come shining through. For you.

Light up your face with gladness. Hide every trace of sadness. Although a tear may be ever so near. That's the time you must keep on trying. Smile, what's the use of crying? You'll find that life is still worthwhile - If you just smile.




Photobucket

No comments: