Friday, March 23, 2012

March in the MEN!!

Okay, today I just HAVE to share my friend's blog because I know each and every one of you will love and follow it like I am. Chantal is basically my new best friend and I kinda sorta love her to death.

Chantal's blog is called MARCH in the MEN, inspired by a book called 31 dates in 31 days. I'll let her describe the project:

So what is March in the Men exactly?
It's a personal dating challenge I've decided to take on. What possessed me to do such a thing?? Hmm, that's a great question! I never would have thought in a million years that I'd do anything like this! But, I guess I realized I needed an attitude adjustment and a push in the right direction...

Target Goal: To go on at least 15 first dates (maybe 31...?)

Time Frame: March 1 - March 31, 2012

The Rules:


1. Each date has to be with a guy I’ve nev
er been on a date with before
2. I will only go on “first date
s” in the month of March and will not pursue any relationships - sorry guys, no second dates for now

3. All dates will have a $15 spending cap, that’s right! The goal is creativity and conversation. I want to get to know these guys after all!

4. All dates will be kept strictly PG… for Prettydang Great! (and the other kind of
PG too) No funny business boys, these are just first dates, thankyouverymuch.

5. The gentlemen will have me home no later than 11pm if it's a w
ork night (see the calendar page for more details about my schedule)

6. I will write regular blog posts about my progress, my exper
iences and the things I’m learning about dating and myself.
a. No, I will not be critiquing/criticizing the men and our dates, so you can wipe that notion right out of your mi
nd. I am committed to respecting them; however
b. I have made it a goal to seek out individual characteristics in each and every man I get to know that make him special and interesting. Naturally this positive focus may bleed over into my experiences and the things I learn along the way; so
c. If you’re not okay with being praised just a little bit, then you shoul
d probably opt out of a date with me… really, are you crazy?!

7. If you have someone in mind you’d like to set me up with, and you can vouch for their sanity/my safety, I promise not to decline and to do my best to schedule a date in.

8. If I’ve never met the guy I’m going out with before I’m probably going to ask that we meet at our date destination. No offense, but safety comes first!


9. All dates will end at the do
or, no one will be invited in. (It doesn't mean I didn't have a good time boys, not to fret! My roomie and I have agreed on this rule though for many different reasons)

10. I promise I won’t bite, I’ll have lots of FUN and I’ll hug my dates goodnight!


Isn't this precious? She has been on 15 dates so far and I've been followed them religiously.

You should read about them too! So far she's b
een on some awesome dates... fishing, yummy food, hiking, etc. Check it out!








No comments: