Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My New Book

My favorite genre to read is Fantasy.

Unsurprisingly, it is also my favorite genre to write.

I find the impossible intriguing.


Made up worlds infused with magic capture the imagination and excite the senses.

Whenever I start writing a new story, I ask one question first:
"What do I want for my readers?"

As some of you know, I've started a new project. I haven't done as well timing-wise as I would have hoped, but I'm still chugging along.

When I first started writing this particular novel, I asked that very important question and filled in a few thoughts in my journal. Here is just a glimpse:

"I want to take you away, far away, to a place you've never been to before. I want to provide you with an outline, a beautiful map, and have you fill in the colors. The tone of this novel is subdued and somewhat dark, thoughtful and imaginative. Come with me as we explore the realm of a young girl who didn't quite know who she was or what she wanted; until she found adventure, love and the power within her heart."

Stay tuned for more details!

xoxo.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooo!!! I love fantasy books! ;) Can't wait to hear what you do!!

Laura Elizabeth said...

I'm a big fantasy book lover too. I haven't had good luck with books though in recent years. Do you have any recommendations?

I look forward to more details from your own story. Keep on with the writing!!