Happy Labor Day everyone!
I want to first apologize for some of the sad posts I've had lately... sometimes I get in these funks and writing is the only way I feel better. You are all so encouraging and thoughtful as well!
So this week's Writing Challenge is a little different... I may have "stolen" this cute lil' idea and image from my friend Kathleen :) I decided to take the 10 Day You Challenge and you should too! I love learning about myself through writing.
Today is "Ten Secrets." Oh goodness, I love secrets. Let's get a-crackin'.
1. I started writing when I was very young. I wrote and finished my first full-length novel at age 14. Every single screenplay/poem/novel/short story I write includes a character that is full of what I call "Whitney-ness." I can't wait to have them published so you can know what I'm talking about!
2. My future kiddos have names. Oh my gosh that's so embarrassing.
3. My biggest regret from college was actually my major! I wish I could go back and do it all over again. I majored in Journalism/Public Relations and I'm not using it at all in my current job!
4. Somehow I skipped being a teenager/young adulthood. I feel like I'm either a very old lady or a very young girl. Strange dichotomy?
5. I swear I am the opposite of a hoarder. I find it necessary to purge my closet every few weeks of items I don't wear. I LOOOOVE getting rid of things I don't use.
6. If I had all the money in the world I would move to England with Ellie, live in a cottage and write all stinkin' day. Then maybe I could meet and marry some hot British stud.
7. My obsession with Star Wars only continues to grow. My phone is an R2-D2 droid. I have a stormtrooper poster in my room. I have a C-3P0 figurine in my cubicle. My GPS talks in a C-3P0 voice. I own WAY too many "Rebel Alliance" shirts. Yeah, I'm special.
8. Watching Beauty and the Beast is my cure-all for all sadness & sickness. You have pink eye? Watch Beauty and the Beast. Are you feeling depressed about being single? Watch Beauty and the Beast. Win.
9. I hate dancing. Like HATE HATE HATE HATE dancing. I would rather sit on a fire ant hill. Does that express how much I hate dancing? Grrr.
10. I have close to NO guy friends. I don't get along with guys on a friends level... except only if they're gay. Then we're good. If we're not dating then I don't understand why we need to be friends... harsh? I just understand girls so much better... yeah?
Haha thanks for reading! Let me know if you take the challenge too cause I wanna follow you!