Monday, August 1, 2011

The Power of Words: PLEASE READ


Words are everything.

When I first started this little blog, it served as an outlet for my feelings. I was going through the hardest time of my life - financially, spiritually, physically and emotionally. I felt such comfort sending my words into the abyss, letting them free from my heart and into the universe.

I thought, "Maybe someone out there knows how I feel. Maybe someone understands."

I have receive such beautiful affirmation on this blog through those few who read it. You are all so wonderful, kind and sweet.

Not once have I failed to be myself on here. I've tried so hard to let all of my insecurities, flaws and fears hang loose. I want to become more self aware. I want to let people know who I really am, enjoy this quest of self-discovery and most of all, be true to ME.

This journey on "Writing on a Whim" is about a new and beautiful direction. I sincerely hope you'll join me as I host more giveaways, introduce you to self-aware people, share with you my inner-most struggles and insecurities and most importantly, help you slowly discover who you are through
"weekly writing challenges."

Each week a new challenge involving writing will aid you in slowly gleaning insight to your inner self. It may help you open up to others. You may learn a talent you never thought you had! What I really want is you to see the power of your words, and how they can affect your world.

I hope you'll join me and begin to Write on a Whim. We'll start this little party on Monday with a brand new challenge. Soon we'll be linking up, sharing stories and inspiration with one another. In the meantime, let's host a few giveaways to get us pumped (let's reach 50 followers and you get a prize!!) and guest post on a few blogs introducing this new direction.

Boom, baby.

xoxo.

1 comment:

Erin @ Living In Yellow said...

This was such a beautiful and well written post...Loved it. I am excited to see what the future holds for you and see the direction your blog goes. I will be excited to join your link-up party :)