Thursday, August 5, 2010

When I Grow Up

You know that commercial that says: "When I grow up I want to..."? Well, I've been thinking about that a lot lately. I don't feel grown up. Though I am on the road to financial independence (don't remind my parents they still pay for my car insurance...), have a grown up job and lead a pretty adult life, it still doesn't feel real! The only part of my life that seems adult is owning Ellie. I am responsible for her care and happiness, and that feels pretty adult. I worry about her all the time and love her more than I ever thought possible.

However, there are soo many things that I want to do when I really grow up! It gets overwhelming just to think about it.


When I grow up I want to...


-Attend graduate school and receive my MFA in Creative Writing

-Explore new places

-Take an extended vacation to England, travel all over and write, write, WRITE.

-Visit every temple

-Go through the temple

-Be sealed for time and all eternity to my best friend in the temple

-Serve a mission with my hubs

-Write wonderful things, have them published

-Be a Disney wedding planner (sigh)

-Be a KICK ASS mom (I think I am most excited for this goal)

-Live in CA or FL

-LOVE who I am

-Help others with my talents

-Travel, travel, travel


These are just a few of my grown up dreams. What are yours??

2 comments:

Ashley said...

im obsessed with this. I'm also obsessed with the fact that we are both obsessed with writing. lets team up for publication ;)

Whitney said...

hahah Ashley YESSSS. Let's write a book!!!