Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lovebug

Thanks to a few inspiring people in my life (*cough* Amy Scerra *cough*) I feel the need to start up the blog again. This time I promise to be consistent! And hopefully I'll be able to find semi-entertaining things to talk about.

What's new in my life you ask? Well...



Meet Ellie!! A lot of you have been asking me the whole story.. why did I get a puppy? Well, here you go.

A few months ago I started to get a hankering for a puppy. I went to the mall and strolled into the pet store to see a little "chiweewie" (part dachshund, part chihuahua). Since those are my two favorite breeds of dogs I about died! SO cute!! However, the logical part of my brain took over, telling me there's no way I could possibly afford a puppy right then and I didn't have anytime for one! However, I kept thinking about one. Every single day at least ten times I would check web sites, ads, etc. I talked to my roommates about the possibility. Jana was all for it but Hilary was nervous. She urged me to go to local shelter and see about adopting an older dog. We went and I was very impressed with the facility but just didn't find one I really loved. At this point my want for a puppy had gone beyond reason. I didn't have enough money and I didn't have enough time but I wanted one so bad. My parents were definitly against the idea as well which was big for me.


Then came nesting. Yes, sounds so ridiculous but I was a typical case. I bought everything I needed for a puppy so I would be prepared. I didn't want to be caught offguard in case I found the love of my life.

I kept thinking about adoption and doing something good for a dog who may not have a chance at a good life otherwise. I got in touch with a "foster mom" for one of the local shelters and she told me about a teacup chihuahua she had for adoption. At this point I knew it was over. I grabbed her adoption fee, raced out the door and went to meet the lady. Ellie was so tiny.. she squirmed in my hands for a bit and then snuggled up. I knew it was meant to be.

So, it's been a rough road so far (umm three weeks??) but I'm grateful for every second I have with Ellie. She eats so much, loves to bite toes, growls when she nibbles your fingers, is still pottytraining, cries a little at night, but I love her all the same. She's such a great addition to my life. I'm getting very attached, I don't know what I would do without her.

Oh and her ears went up yesterday and haven't gone back down! I definitely have a little chihuahua!! Ellie has also cured me of my want for BABIES. Okay, I'm 21 years old and I wanted kids so bad! My advice for any of you in similar situations? Get a puppy!! I am so not ready for children.

Oh my goodness! I also graduated from COLLEGE! It's been too long since I've written. I graduated in December 2009 with a degree in Journalism & Mass Communication with a specialization in Public Relations. After three months of a hard job search, I landed an amazing gig! I work for Hilton as their Arizona Resorts Publicist. This means I assist with corporate communications and provide PR support for my four Arizona properties (Pointe Hiltons, Hilton Sedona and Hilton El Conquistador). I love, love, love it! My boss is the best and really lets me do my thing. I also get to travel within the state a lot which I enjoy. I knew after interning at the Scottsdale CVB that I wanted to stay in tourism. I'm grateful for the opportunity to see the resort side of PR and work the magic!

I also moved. I live right by Papago Park in a three bedroom apartment with two other girls (Hilary and Jana). I really love them both, we get along really well. Despite the occasional mess which seems to overtake the apartment (it's like living with Mary sometimes) I love living there. Ellie loves it too. I hope right on the 202 to get to work and it only takes me about 30 min plus I get to stay near Tempe/Scottsdale. The new ward is good too- always takes some getting used to. And, no, my lovely friends- no men in my life to report on.

Stay tuned for news on the new diet, my thoughts on a few movies and my never-ending knowledge on all things Disney.

Love you all!! <3>


No comments: