Monday, April 17, 2017

You Do Know Me

I was having a particularly difficult night. I felt lonely, tired, unmotivated and uninspired. I began to wonder if I even really had a relationship with my Savior. When was the last time I had felt his love? When was the last time I really understood his hand in my life? I fell to the floor on my knees and let out a heartfelt, tear-filled prayer. 

"I just want a relationship with your Son," I pleaded. "I want to feel close to him and know him again."

I slipped into bed and before sleep took me I heard this as clear as day in my mind: "You do know me," immediately followed by a memory.

The memory was the out pour of love after I had repented of a major sin. It was the hardest time of my entire life and yet I had never known my Savior better. I understood his atonement... what it meant to me personally. I was becoming more like him every day through service. I did know him. And I still do.

I just want to remind everyone it's not easy. Sometimes I lose my faith. Sometimes I wonder or worry. I feel anxious or sad or alone. In those times though, I know it's so important to remember the times when we did feel... when we did KNOW.

#cslewis #jesus #hope #truth #love

Photobucket

No comments: